Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Writers Working Wednesday!

A major goal for Book 'Em North Carolina is to increase reading, whether that is non-fiction or any genre of fiction. Whether you have written a book for adults, young adults or children, we'd like to introduce our followers to you - whether or not you are participating in our next book fair.

So each Wednesday like today, we have Writers Working Wednesday, in which any author can post up to five lines of any book they wish to promote. Here are the guidelines:

1. In a comment, post up to five lines from a work in progress or a published work. You must be the author of that work, and it must be rated PG (we have students who read this blog).

2. Add the title of your work and include a buy link if you'd like.

3. Also feel free to add your website URL.

So let's see what you have for us: start posting your excerpts below!

3 comments:

Michelle Stephens said...

I was done this time. I had seen enough.
So many times, I sat and thought about where it
all went wrong.
How did I always end up with a man who could not measure up
to what he promised?
Twice I had tried this marriage thing and twice it had failed.
No matter how great of a career they had, no matter how hard
they had promised to love me better, they just couldn’t seem to
measure up to the expectations God gave me for the love
of my life.

Excerpt from The Divorcee Chronicles:
Diary of a Divorcee Diva by Michelle Lynn Stephens

Get your copy here!

Visit my website!

Nj Paige said...

"Soon they will all be dead. And it will be because I have failed them."

Before she was Nephilim, a progeny of the Fallen, she was just a girl from Brewster, New York.
A freak of nature.
The strange.
The different.
The other.
But then she received the calling to find her true home and take her rightful place in the subterranean world of Babylon.
There she would learn that she was the last hope for the survival of Humanity. And she would be forced to choose between the world where she found nothing but pain and rejection, and the world where she was accepted and revered.

This is an excerpt from Rise of the Nephilim: Fire And Blood
Available at amazon: http://alturl.com/7xpqp or wherever books are sold

Amie Ryan said...

So there were a lot of kids thinking about the topic of suicide. We were being reminded of it several times a week by our teachers, by the counselors, by our parents. But we talked to each other. We made deals with each other. If you ever really meant it, you'd tell me. If you ever really felt like that, you'd call me.

I would. I swear. I promise. Me too.

The kind of deals only kids make and only kids keep. Why don't adults make these kind of deals? Even when they try, they seem to know the deal might not hold. The solid, I promise, of kid world isn't there anymore.

Do we get weaker as we get older? Do things just matter less?


This is an excerpt from Starfish On Thursday, available at www.amieryan.com