Monday, July 29, 2013

Paradox

Today's special guest is Robyn M. Pierce, an up-and-coming author from Las Vegas, where the night is never-ending. She is a writer of paranormal romance and, now, New Adult romance.
Catch her on Facebook, Twitter, or her website today!


AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR


What were your favorite books growing up?


My fifth grade teacher introduced me to Harry Potter, so I grew up loving that. Aside from that, in high school, I came across Richelle Mead’s Vampire Academy  series and absolutely fell in love.


Has your taste in books changed over the years? Which genres do you gravitate to now and why?


I used to always read YA, and that hasn’t changed over the years, but I do read more romance and more paranormal books than I used to. I love giving Indie authors a chance, so if I see two books in the same category that I like, I’d most likely choose one over the other if it’s Indie.


Who are the most memorable male and female characters you've ever read about?


I’d have to say Rose Hathaway and Dmitri Belikov from Vampire Adacemy. From the very beginning of their stories, I was drawn in, and their characters really made me stay witht he series as it progressed.


Why did you choose to be an author, and why did you select your particular genre?


I wouldn’t necessarily say I chose it. In high school, after I decided I didn’t want to be a lawyer, I didn’t know what I wanted to be. I had no plans for college and really no drive for anything. When I took a composition course my senior year, I expected it to be the same old boring English class, but my teacher had us writing stories. When the time came for our first big submission, I wrote a 9-page short story called “Masquerade,” which has, over the years, evolved into the third book in my series The Lanistter Chronicles. The story has changed so much, but it was that class -- no, that teacher, who made me believe I could even become a published author.


What do you like most - and least - about being an author?


I’d have to say the creativity is both my favorite and least favorite part. I love having the freedom to do whatever I want -- or, really, whatever my characters want -- with my stories. But at the same time, a lot of things take away my creative drive -- if there are a lot of stressful things going on, if I had a breakup, etc. It’s really frustrating sometimes, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything.


What are you working on next?


Right now, I’m finishing up Masquerade and then diving immediately into the fourth book of The Lanistter Chronicles when that’s done. When I wrap that up, I’m hoping to start working on the first book in a new series. The series will be called Hell’s Gems, revolving around a 19-year-old girl who has just moved into a deceased relative’s home in an attempt to gain a little freedom for the start of college. Almost as soon as she moves in, though, a real estate agent comes by looking to buy it from her. Finding him to be suspicious, she declines his offer. Later on, a guy from one of her classes comes by saying that the real estate agent is looking to literally raise Hell on Earth. The setting will be Las Vegas, and the series will definitely show just how sinful Sin City can be.


ABOUT THE BOOK

Title: Paradox
By- Robyn M. Pierce
Genre: New Adult Romance
Paradox is a complete novella at 30,759 words. NEW ADULT ROMANCE
Expected Publication Date- July 9th, 2013

They knew from the beginning it was wrong.

Everything in her life pointed her away from him.
Everything beckoned him toward her.

When Rachel met Taylor, their connection was immediate and undeniable. With so many things in common, these friends found themselves falling inevitably and too fast to stop. There was but one thing that was between them:
Rachel had a boyfriend.

A year after parting ways, Taylor’s and Rachel’s individual lives have thrust them back toward one another, and the resulting fireworks will leave more than one person burned.


AUTHOR LINKS



Twitter- @MissRobynPierce